Monday, December 10, 2007

Top Ten

Here's a nice Top Ten list for anyone Connie Hilligoss's age or higher.



Top Ten Hymns For People Our Age


10. "It Is Well With My Soul (But My Back Aches A Lot)"


9. "Nobody Knows The Trouble I Have Seeing"


8. "There's Something About That Name (But I Can't Remember What It

Is At This Moment)"


7. "Just A Slower Walk With Thee"


6. "Count Your Many Birthdays, Name Them One By One"


5. "Go Tell It On The Mountains-And Speak Up!"


4. "Give Me That Old Timer's Religion"


3. "Blessed Insurance"


2. "Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah (I've Forgotten Where I Parked)"


And the number one hymn for people our age is...


1. "Nearer, My God, To Thee"


(Found these on a birthday card-probably sent to me from someone like Dave Hilligoss)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE All THOSE OLD HYMNS...THEY REALLY BRING A TEAR TO MY EYE AND I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT ELSE IT DOES,YOU KNOW PEOPLE "OF MY AGE". DAVE HILLIGOSS

Regi said...

LOL Those were quite hilarious I must say!

Anonymous said...

O.K. Brother-in-law,

Just because I'm nearer the half century mark than you are doesn't mean you have to make it public!! Funny blog.

Regi said...

Very funny Connie!