Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Lezah Einnaf Snilloc

What a neat lady she was! Many of you never knew her. She died in about 1977 or 1978. I called her Lezah Snilloc, but her name was really Hazel Collins. She was Grandma Lavy's cousin, and I think she was a big reason why Grandma and Grandpa are Christians today. When you think about it, that is pretty important as you look at their family and the fact that most are followers of Christ.
Hazel lived in Pleasant Hill, Ohio. We lived in her house a few years after she died. But, it wasn't the first time I had been in that house. I stayed with her different times when Grandma and Grandpa were away. She was a short little lady, and as kind as anyone could be. I wrestled with her when I was a kid, and once she fell off the couch. She laughed as only she could, and warned me that the neighbors would hear.
She had a one-of-a-kind testimony in church. She was the kind of person that any pastor would want in their pew. I doubt if she had an unkind word for anyone.
She went to Michigan to go mushroom hunting with us. She would get tickled and laugh with us. She went with us to New Mexico to see Geneva when she was out at a mission hospital. She was a big part of our family, though she had no immediate family of her own.
Uncle Cyrl found her in her room when he went to pick her up for church one Sunday morning in May, if I remember correctly. I got my first speeding ticket coming home from Cincinnati for her funeral. I think she is buried north of Pleasant Hill at Sugar Grove. I'll never forget her.
I woke up this morning thinking of dear old Hazel Fannie Collins. Thanks, Hazel, for inviting Victor and Doris to church many years ago.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It took me a minute to see her name backwards, but I GOT it!! Aren't you proud?

Anonymous said...

cool post
dani

Regi said...

I remember you talking about her a lot and I think I have an old picture of her somewhere. Don't know if I got it from you or Grandpa.

Anonymous said...

What a great influence!

Paul and Candy said...

This goes to show you that 1 individual can do alot...I did a quick calculation of her influence with just Grandma and Grandpa and there are approx. 68 people that have been brought up in a Christian home due to their choice to have a Christian home....I have talked to Grandpa on several different occasions, he is very humble and does not feel like he did everything he should have in life...I often remind him of these 68 plus individuals that he has helped influence...I would say he has done a fantastice job...

Thanks Paul