Saturday, May 10, 2008

Doris, Billie and Rena

Just a few thoughts for Mother's Day, 2008. The three mothers that I have been closest to are the three in the title. Each one has a special place in my memory or life. Three very different people, but each quite precious.

Mother now resides in the Brethren Retirement Community. She loves company, and Dudley and I go to see her when we get the chance. She took me to church when I was little and still wants to make sure we're going to church on Sundays. Often she says, "Come back soon, and keep looking up". She loves when Grandpa comes to visit her from a couple floors below at BRC. She has aged a lot in the last few years, and has lost interest in some of life's not-so-important things. But, she still has much of her mind and is still a joy to visit and talk with. Thanks, Mother, for being a wonderful mother through the years. Love you.

Mom Collingsworth left us a couple of years ago. She gave me the best gift that I have ever received when she gave me my wife. She was as nice a mother-in-law as anyone could have. She was always welcome in our home, and we were always happy to be in hers. She obviously had a huge part in raising three Godly children, and God only knows the far-reaching effects that will ultimately have for God's kingdom. Loved you.

Last, but not least, I have had to put up with the final woman of the three in my title for twenty-seven years and nine months! I cannot imagine life without her. She has been the perfect match for me. We don't always have the same interests (for example, horses), but we complement each other well, and it has been a Joy to be married to Rena Joy for these many years. She has scared us a couple of times, and I have told her in no uncertain terms that she is not to do that again! I hope to grow old with her, and we are getting there in a hurry! I Love You, Rena Joy.

Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All three of those names aren't ones that you hear that much. Kinda unique

Beth said...

That was very nice! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here at the library unashamedly wiping tears. Bless you for saying such lovely things about my mother. I miss her so much. Rena is my most favorite sister and I hope, too, that you grow old together so I can have her around to "sister" with!