Thursday, May 22, 2008

Going North

It is that time of year. We have decided to go to Northern Michigan once again in search of the morel mushroom. Dad and Mother began the tradition in May, 1958 when I was being carried by Mother. I was born in Nov. of 1958. Somehow, I got hooked on mushroom hunting. They went to an area near Wolverine, Mich., and we continue going to the same woods. Some of the exact area still produce morels in certain years and conditions.
In the 70's, during the great elm die, we found them by the bushel. They are not as plentiful now.
This year, Grandpa is joining me, Uncle Don and Kenny on the trip. We plan to leave Friday morning at 4:00 from my house. I will report on our trip when we return. Yesterday, it was snowing in Wolverine. The weather report calls for 60's and sunny for Fri. and Sat.
See ya when we get back.

2 comments:

Dani said...

Was it really snowing?? Wish i was going

Anonymous said...

Have fun!-Jason