Thursday, January 10, 2008

And Last, But Not Least

He called me and asked if he could meet me at Bob Evans for supper. Mom and I pretended we didn't know what he would want to talk about. Sure, he had been dating our little girl for quite a while. The Bob Evans meeting was to take place just before Ally's basketball game at Huber Heights Christian. I was joining Regi and Jason at the game. We were all driving separately and Regi was not to know that Jason and I were meeting prior to the game.


All went as planned, and I met Jason at the restaurant. Soon after being seated, the conversation took an ominous tone. Rather than directly asking if he could have my daughter, he asked something to the effect of "could I become your son-in-law"? Before the meal was finished, he was given permission and my blessing.


We went on to the game after eating, and Ally's team, the OPBA Blazers, roared to victory, one of very few wins for the season. Regi knew nothing of our clandestine meeting, and the very next day she and Jason took a small trip and he completed his two-day mission of talking to me and talking to her. She said "Yes", and the rest, as they say, is history, and two of my daughters recorded wins in successive days.


So, what do I think of Jason? He makes my daughter happy, and that makes me happy. He likes to surprise her, including where they were going on their honeymoon and where they were going on their one-year anniversary. Sounds like what I like to do with our family. I guess he is similar to me in that respect. Did she pick someone a little like old Dad? Maybe. She has to live with her decision for the rest of her life. And, I think she loves her decision and her man. Congratulations, Regi and Son, Jason Baker, last, but certainly not least!


4 comments:

Regi said...

You are definitely right. He makes me happy and is definitely the perfect man for me. He is a lot more like you, Dad, than you probably think. Lots of times I say. "Jay! That is something my Dad would say!" Love ya, Dad!

Regi said...

I do question your use of "for quite a while"? 5 months and 2 weeks is "quite a while"? :o) WINK!

Anonymous said...

What kind words about your first son-in-law! Must have been because of the way I asked you!!! Grin! I am honored to be in the Lavy family and to be one of your best cheerleaders and supporters no matter what other family members think of your vacation ideas and videotaping and comments! Grin!

Regi said...

Unless...you were trying to get rid of me?