Thursday, January 17, 2008

Do You Remember When...?

It is time for a few memories from Memory Lane. I plan to devote some blogs to remembering. It will probably be a lot of disconnected happenings that get noted. If you are reading these, and have a memory that I was associated with and would remember, leave a comment or tell me and we will try to expound upon it if it would be a proper thing to do and wouldn't harm too many innocent bystanders!

Many of the memorable times that I spent in Cincinnati are connected to Craig Dahler and cannot really be discussed in public. You would have to contact him and find out more about the time he made a carload of guys mad at him and me. If there was trouble around, it seems that Craig and I were together. I think it was mostly him that was the trouble magnet.

Regi remembers Dad playing Spin-o-rama, a crazy game, thought up by Dad, that involved spinning a lightweight ball in the air to one kid after another until someone missed it. It continued until all but one "Grand Champion" remained. The Grand Champion would then receive "the BIG prize" - that no one has ever really received yet!

And, don't forget "The Trap Game", in which, one by one, the kids would become trapped in Dad's hand and have to figure out the magic button on Dad to push and get released. It could be his nose or elbow or knee or big toe or left ear. It was very educational!

Last memory of this session...remember how Dudley loved to go see Grandpa Coddaword (that's Collingsworth, but Regi liked to pronounce it Coddaword, or Dad made that up, too, I'm not sure which is true). Anyway, he loved to travel to Noblesville, where he would hurriedly peepee in the yard after the long trip and then gallop to their patio door - he knew which one - and rush into meet Grandpa and Grandma. Some times he would jump onto the bed and go to sleep with Grandpa. Now, he goes to visit Grandma and Grandpa Lavy at the Home where they live.

That's it until next time. Maybe one of those Dahler stories will be able to be told. Paul Clemens was a part of one big-time problem that I recall, too. Something about oranges being thrown at on-coming cars. But, I don't think Paul would be involved with that, do you?

4 comments:

Regi said...

I hardly think Paul would do that. I mean as sensible as he is?

Regi said...

I emailed Paul and told him he better check it out. He read it this morning I believe. Better be careful what you write, Dad!

Anonymous said...

Paul! NOOOO, not my supervisor!!! GRIN!

Anonymous said...

Grandpa Coddaword!!!! Oh my I remember that. TO FUNNY!
I too...don't know that I can see Paul doing such a thing.