Tuesday, January 1, 2008

My Biography













I was born near Gettysburg, Ohio. When I was quite young, I was adopted into a nice family. When I first came to live with my new family, I was given a room of my own. However, soon after that, I got to share a room with the youngest member of the family. At first, I wasn’t sure how much I would be loved, because where I was born, there was never a lot of love shown to me or my siblings. Our house was never very clean, and my dad ran around a lot. My mom was always very close, but then things changed and I had to leave.
When the man came to take me to my new home and family, his daughter came with him. She was very pretty and smelled nice. She held me on her lap all the way to my new home. I will never forget how scared I was. I kept my neck so stiff that it hurt. I just couldn’t be sure that I was going to be loved. Then, when we finally arrived, there were lots of people staring at me, it seemed.
One of the first things I can remember, was taking a bath in this nice, clean, white tub. At my old home, baths consisted of getting scrubbed by my birth mom until it hurt. Here everything seemed so clean and bright. The first day, after the bath, two of my new sisters went to town and brought back a new bed, just for me. From then on, I knew I was going to love it here.
Now, that I’m grown, I am so glad that I was adopted by this family. My adopted mom is so nice. She had surgery about a year ago, and had a close call. She was very sick, but has now recovered, and has lost a lot of weight. She is happy about that. It is okay with me, too, but she used to be a lot softer when I sat on her lap. Oh, well, she is my favoritest person in the whole world. She spoils me, and still to this day, after a bath, she holds me in a warm towel.
Before I close, let me tell you what happened a couple of days ago. There is this neighborhood guy who comes around once in a while. He is a lot bigger and taller than me. Usually, he is nice enough, but this particular day, he was harassing one of our dogs. This dog is old, about fifteen or sixteen years old, and I can’t stand guys being mean to animals. When I saw what was happening, I ran out the door and got into a fight with the guy! I actually knocked him backwards away from our old dog, but he was tougher than I thought. He threw me down and slapped me across the face. We fought for no more than thirty seconds-although it seemed like an eternity-before my dad and sister ran out to stop the fight. The guy ran off before they got there. It’s a good thing for him, because both my dad and sister said they would have done some pretty bad things to him if they had caught him! My eye swelled up real bad, and I had to end up going to the doctor. Outside of a few scratches and bruises in other places, I am okay.
Well, now you know a little about me that maybe you didn’t know before. If you know of any other kids like me, that need a home, maybe they could be adopted here. My mom said she wasn’t adopting any more kids, or maybe she said that if they came here, they would not be living in the house. But, I know she wouldn’t make them stay outside, so I don’t know what she meant. Anyway, I love it here. It’s the best family in the world. I have tried to post some pictures of me. I hope you can see them.
Love, Dudley The End

9 comments:

Regi said...

oh my word!!! i can't believe the dog made it on the blog before Jason!!! That should tell us all something I guess. :o)

Dud was such a cutie pie when he was little.

LJL said...

We're just going in order here. Don't read too much into it. lololololol Yup, he was pretty cute when he was little.

Regi said...

I think his nose is so cute in the pictures. Funny how it turned all black and I don't even remember it doing that.

Dani said...

He WAS so cute!

Anonymous said...

AWWWWW isn't the baby cute!!

Dani said...

Next....

LJL said...

Next is Jason! Coming soon.

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures. Give me an email
terry_l_adams@yahoo.com. ACA

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.