Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Hurricane Has Arrived

The hurricane has arrived in South Florida. I know because we took her there ourselves. I think it is ironic that Mrs. Fay is a director there, and Mrs. Fay will be in charge of Hurricane Ally! Oh, well, how appropriate that the two storms should descend upon South Florida on the same week.
Ally was very happy to be there. Mom and Dad didn't shed too many tears, but I have had more trouble here at home than I did leaving her. Her room is so clean now, which means she isn't here to mess it up. I liked it better when there was a mess in there that I can see from this computer location.
Dudley was happy to have us home. However, he had a blast at his puppy-sitters, Pam and Bill's house. He wants to go back and stay with them if Mom and Dad go away again.
The Cliche Contest will be published again in a few days. Sorry for the delay.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol...id say she will be quite the hurricane indeed. school is gettin crazy here too with the froshies comin in. but o well. im sure u and mom will be more than happy together with no one in de house now! dont get to depressed. lol. later! -brutus

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that Ally -- the youngest of the older cousins -- is so far away at college. When I heard about the storm I got worried. I'm sure that more than me are praying, tho'!! How are you all handling the empty nest? It's not much fun at first, but gets more enjoyable as the days pass.

LJL said...

Not too well. It was easier leaving her than seeing her empty room and horse trailer, etc. But, she is having a good time from talking to her once, so that helps.