Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Nightcrawlers

A little different...
It was Nightcrawler City and almost all the citizens were sleeping. It was dark and dank as usual. There was very little noise at this time of the night. Suddenly, the night stillness was broken by the sound of a milk jug clanging against the box on the porch of one of the citizens. The 'crawler who lived next door was an unpleasant fellow, and he was not at all happy at being awakened at this hour by a couple of delivery guys. He slithered to the door, opened it and made a gesture toward the delivery duo. The one looked at the other as if to say, "What did we do to deserve that?" The other nightcrawler looked at his buddy and said, "You know what they say, '??? ????? ???? ???? ??? ????' ."
Well, Ally thought it was funny when I tried it out on her. Ally is not allowed to answer this one if she is reading this blog. I will wait to see who is silly enough to figure this one out.

7 comments:

Regi said...

The only thing I can come up with is "The early worm gets the bird." ??

Anonymous said...

u should make it so no one may answer until all parties involved have had a chance to read the contest...thats what i was thinkin! brent

LJL said...

Well, Regi has it again. I guess you just have to get up early to beat her. I guess these are too easy to give people much of a problem. The next one will be a more complicated one. It will be one that was not my creation, but one that I saw in print and one that won't quite follow my rules of the contest. It's just first come, first serve on the answering, Brutus. Maybe we could allow no more than two wins in a row from any one person. with all these "big prizes" that are being given out, Regi may be getting rich if she is selling them.

LJL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Regi said...

Oky doky. I will do as Brutus suggests. In the future, should I figure it out, I will simply post a comment that says something along the lines of "I figured it out." Then I will just email Dad so that others can take a stab at it :o)

Anonymous said...

lol. now that they are getting harder i will most likely not get them. haha. but i liked this last one. haha. anywho...hope alls well everywhere. -brutus

Anonymous said...

Unfortrunately, even after reading it, I still couldn't remember it :)

Ally