Saturday, November 29, 2008

Oh, Christmas Tree, Oh, Christmas Tree...


I had to accompany Rena to Lowe's to purchase the annual Christmas tree Friday evening. Now, the problem with that is that every tree on the property must be examined before the purchase is made. Fortunately, this time she was only looking for a specific variety - a Frasier Fir. That meant that we only had to go through several hundred rather than the whole lot. I had the indignity of having to stand the trees up while she went to the other side of the store to look at the tree that I was holding.

The first choice looked great to me, and I told her so, but that did not put an end to the process. So, I put it back and went on to the next and then the next and...well, you get the idea. The most embarrassing part was when she was halfway across the store examining her choices. Inevitably, she would shout, "Now, turn it to the side so I can see it from a different angle." After obediently doing so, she would point in the general direction of my derriere and say, "That's definitely the bad side!" Then she said, "Now, twirl around." If half the customers in Lowe's had not heard her comments I would not have felt so bad.

Finally, after most of the evening was over, she made her selection. Of course, it was the original one we had started with. Actually, that made me think. She started with me over 28 years ago, and she still has the original one. I guess one long evening at Lowe's isn't all that bad.

5 comments:

Regi said...

LOL the tree must be perfect!!!! See, she chose you! :o)

Anonymous said...

She picked a good one-YOU! Jason

Dani said...

I like this post, makes me wish I had a real one!

Anonymous said...

I love your twist on story telling!!

Jessi said...

LOL...what a great post! Merry Christmas to you and your family!