Monday, November 3, 2008

Pardon Me While I Turn 50

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. Rena and I were away to Myrtle Beach with the Collingsworth Family at Gaither Fest. While there, I began my second half-century. Nov.2 began at Denny's with a late-night meal. We got to meet Gordon and Kimberly Mote there. He is the pianist for the Gaithers and quite a character. He is very witty. He stood at our table and talked pianos, Gaither-talk and life with us for quite a while. He left, saying that he was going to drive his bus at night to save having to pay his driver. He is blind, as you may know.
Dudley went to his puppysitters while we were away. They have four other dogs, and he loves to go to his Aunt Pam's and stay. He goes there and gets spoiled by Uncle Bill, but he was happy when Mom came after him and brought him home.

13 comments:

Regi said...

Dudley doesn't have a clue what is going on!!! Happy Birthday, Dad!

LJL said...

Now, hold on there. Dudley is a mental giant.

Dani said...

Happy Birthday ya' old ______!!! :)

Anonymous said...

geezer! lol... -brutus

Regi said...

coot!

LJL said...

Oh, I was wondering what went in the blank. Regi and BJ cleared it up for us.

Dani said...

Lol, that is not what I was thinking..but those will work...can u guess what I was thinking?

LJL said...

No, Belle, I can think of nothing else that would fit there that you would come up with!

Regi said...

Duh....fart!

Regi said...

Is it just me or have the Lavy kids basically taken over your comment section? LOL

Dani said...

Lol, reg got it right :)

LJL said...

Now, I'm hurt that you would think of me like that!!! Just because I'm half a century old.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Lowell. Maybe you'll find out that being 50 doesn't necessarily mean you're in your second childhood!! ....not that you think that about Dave and I or anything....