Thursday, May 14, 2009

WOW


OK, here's the little kid that I helped raise for quite a few years. We played one-on-one basketball in his bedroom for hours. Keep in mind, this room was 8'6"x11'. Almost every game, played with a rim hung on the closet door and a nerf ball, came down to a last-second shot or free throws. Mom wasn't thrilled when we took out the light. Eventually, we took the rivalry outside.
He moved onto the court at Ansonia and had some success against Covington, Twin Valley South and a few other schools. Mom and I got to see him light up the scoreboard with threes. Then, he was outta here.
Off to Cincinnati where he has worked his way through four gruelling years of college. A little basketball, a little soccer and a lot of work has been the norm for the past few years.
There, he found this young lady to spend some time with. She has been to visit us a few times. She has toured the site of our in-room basketball games. I think she thinks BJ is as goofy as his dad.
Pride is not really a great attribute. However, this father is VERY proud of his son, Brent. Four years of college and many hours of work takes a lot of discipline. He'll make a great teacher, husband, man and whatever else it is that he decides to do.
I'm proud to call you my son, BJ. Go get 'em.
You might ask him about the door in the background
Kid's Klub
That's the lady to whom I was referring

6 comments:

Dani said...

Hehe...I remember that door well...I saw my life flash before me!

Regi said...

I am definitely proud of him also! I just told him last night. Anybody who works through 4 years of school knows what it is like to hit graduation day! Relief...joy...a little sadness (I did say little)

Great Job BJ!

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet! Im so proud of him too!!
-Holley

Anonymous said...

thanks dad. :) i had a very good example of work to follow watching you do your jobs every day without complaining! can't believe im done! -brutus
p.s. imagine if i hit that door now...lol...id be out in the horse corral. :)

LJL said...

Yep. BJ, if you do plan on drilling that door, we will need to notify Sparksy, because he has some buildings right north of the corral that would be directly in the path of destruction that would surely follow.

Dani said...

lol!