Friday, May 1, 2009

Farewell

Farewell, my friend
Cancer has consumed your body.
Soon you'll be only a memory here,
But you will live forever - somewhere.
Be faithful to the end, dear friend,
Lavished in God's grace.
I stoop to kiss you one last time,
Your weakened lips whisper - Goodbye!
I'm looking forward to the Eternal Day
When we can share and enjoy more fully
With none of earth to hinder us.
Yes, rooted in the Timeless One,
Our friendship will not die and wither,
But blossom fuller, sweeter,
"Over There."
"See you in the morning,
My precious friend."
("Tea Leaves" adapted from Jo Weaver & Joanna Birky)
This was sent to Rena from our pastor's wife following the death of Rena's best friend. Rena sang to Bobbi and held her until she left this world last Saturday night. I believe her last words were, "Look up." Not sure what she saw, but it must have been worth looking at.

4 comments:

Regi said...

awww** tears** May God wrap His arms of comfort around you and Mom and Bobbi's family.

Anonymous said...

God be with ya'll! Jason

Janella Thompson said...

I am so sorry about your loss! Hope Jesus is extra close to you and helps Rena hold her memories of Bobbie close.

Connie said...

I'm so very sorry about Bobbi. Please give my love to Rena. We talked about her at IHC but I didn't realize she would lose her that soon.