Friday, November 9, 2007

Aug. 2,1980

Without Victor and Doris Lavy, there would have been no 8-2-80. Without Ray and Billie Collingsworth, no 8-2-80. 'Course, I guess Adam and Eve were important, too. Actually, there would have still been an 8-2-80. (Well, maybe not without Adam and Eve! )It just wouldn't have been an important date. Maybe it would be important to someone. As you can see, sometimes I get what is commonly called the "Allyson Lavy Syndrome", where a person just blathers on and on before getting to the point.
Aug. 2, 1980 dawned clear and hot. I awoke in my room at 9163 Neff Rd. and prepared to go to Dayton, Ohio to be married. Sometime in the forenoon it was time to leave. My father, good old Vic (Blinkle, as I affectionately called him) hoisted my 165lb frame onto his shoulders, and hauled me to my beautiful, blue 1976 Chrysler Cordoba, in which I would be taking my last drive as a free man.
To make a long story short (of course, this goes against the Ally Syndrome) it was`hotter than blue blazes at the Air Street Church where Rena and I were wed. You would think they would have had "air" at Air Street, but believe me, there was no air. After about an hour and a half, all the formalities were over and we could get on to the reception and then on with the show! However, no description of the wedding would be complete withhout reminding everyone that there were two little girls who noisily told all who would listen that the wedding was taking too long. By the way, those two girls were almost exactly the same age. They looked just alike. They still look very similar. One lives out west somewhere and one lives in Ohio...Oh, well, that's OK, I thought it was too long, too.
After the reception it was off to Georgetown, Kentucky(you thought that was just where the Bengals practiced) and then Gatlinburg, Tenn. We loved Gatlinburg so much, we have been going back for years, sometimes even taking the kids along.
Next time we visit,the Hedgehog arrives.

9 comments:

Regi said...

DAD!!!! Don't call me that name on your blog! I will never live it down, that is unless of course, you list all the other kids names as well. It isn't fair to single me out!!

You are hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Hour and a half? Did you have 2 weddings?!!! GRIN! Did Grandpa Collingsworth survive?!

Paul and Candy said...

I don't think those two little girls have changed a bit, do you? LOL

Paul

Regi said...

I agree Paul, I don't think they have changed much. Let's not forget their desire to torture me in Grandpa's bathroom behind closed doors!

Beth said...

Now Now Now....Is that nice..Im sure we was not LOUD at all ;-)
We are angels! ;-)
And Regina we NEVER tortured you. I think you are making things up..lol

Love
Me

LJL said...

How does everyone know who the two girls were? I was trying to be very discreet so no one would recognize them!

Amy said...

OK, for starters who in the WORLD would have an hour and half long wedding. That was your first problem. Now for the two girls that were crying I am sure that it was not me or the other half. ;) I would never do anything like that. I am very shy person just like the other half of me.
And for the torure part that Regi talks about I know nothing about that I think she makes it all up. so anyway lets not tell anymore stories ;)
Paul that is not nice to say things like that if I remember right you used to talked none stop ?????? oh that has not changed ??? lol
love you all amy

LJL said...

Well, shoot, I hate to get things stirred up. I would hate to start a family feud. Shy...right!! We do have an audio tape of the wedding if anyone would like to listen and see if they can identify the culprits.

Paul and Candy said...

I think you should find a way to put a portion of your wedding audio on your blog. We could all determine this for ourselves.

Paul